Kacaaki Privacy Statement
Effective Date: August 2020
KaCaaKi takes your privacy seriously and understands the importance of protecting your personal information. Therefore, this Privacy Statement provides information about our privacy practices.
Children under the Age of 13
Parents can only register for their children under age of 13. If you have used an email address to create an individual account, we may use this email address to communicate with you regarding products and services we provide.
Note to parents of children under the age of 13: You are welcome to contact us to review our policies and procedures with respect to accounts for children under age 13. Please note that we will need to verify the identity of anyone requesting information about a child to ensure that the person is in fact the parent or legal guardian of a child using our program.
Information We Collect
We collect information through the sources described below.
Information You Provide to Us. We may collect personal information and non-personal information from you (such as your name, email address, phone number, students grade level etc) when you:
- Sign-up, register or create an account on our Site;
- call us;
- provide us or upload to our Site messages, documents, and other files and content in the course of your use of our products or services;
- respond to surveys or questionnaires or submit testimonials;
- provide us information on our Site or submit online forms so that we can answer questions you have; or
- when you provide us information by other means.
Information Collected Automatically.
We collect information (such as your IP address, your browser type, the content of any undeleted cookies that your browser previously accepted from us, the referring website address, and operating system) from your browser when you visit our Site.
We, our service providers and other vendors, and our affiliates and third parties which may display advertisements on our Site may use tracking technologies such as cookies and pixel tags to collect information about your online interactions with our Site and our emails.
We collect information when you use our products and services (such as recording online sessions, producing transcripts of online tutoring sessions, and tracking the drills and practice tests that you take online).
How We Use Information
We may use your personal information to:
- provide you with and personalize our products and services;
- create and manage your account, process your orders, and provide you customer service;
- maintain our internal records and otherwise manage our business;
- send you newsletters and otherwise correspond with you about products, services, events, and other organizations that we think may interest you;
- ask for your reviews and testimonials and send you surveys and questionnaires;
- improve our products, promotions, services, and Site;
- develop and display content tailored to your interests on our Site;
- perform research and analysis about your use of or interest in our products and services, the products or services offered by others, and our Site, and develop new products and services;
- detect, prevent, or investigate illegal activity or misuse of our products or services and enforce our legal rights; and
- perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
We may use non-personal information for any lawful purpose.
Third Parties to whom We Disclose Information
We share your information with third parties as described below. We do not disclose your personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
Organizations and Persons who Arrange for Your Participation in Our Programs
We mainly work with teachers to provide tutoring classes to students. Occasionally, we may also work with schools, school districts, colleges and universities, local, state, and federal government agencies, businesses, and other organizations to provide programs such as programs. We may share your personal and non-personal information that we collect through your participation in these programs (such as test scores, transcripts or recordings of online tutoring and online class sessions, comments you leave in post-session surveys, and details regarding your usage of our programs) with the organization arranging for your access to these programs or with your parents or guardians. If you use a promotion code at our Site to create an account or add products or services, we may let the source of that promotion code know that you used that code..
Service Providers and Other Vendors
We may share your personal information with our service providers and other vendors, such as those who help deliver our products and services, market our products and services, obtain reviews and testimonials, and otherwise help us operate our business.
Legally Compelled Disclosures and Safety
We may disclose personal information when compelled to do so by government authorities or otherwise as required or permitted by law, such as to respond to court orders and subpoenas. We may also disclose personal information to protect the safety of others and when we have reason to believe that someone is causing injury to or interfering with our rights or property or the rights or property of others.
If we or all or a portion of our business is acquired by one or more third parties as a result of an acquisition, merger, sale, reorganization, consolidation or liquidation, personal information may be included in the transferred assets.
We may share your personal information with third parties when you authorize the disclosure.
We may share non-personal Information with any third party for any lawful purpose.
Your Access to Information
If you have an account with us, you may review and correct the information that is accessible to you under the settings for your account on our Site or by contacting us.
Using Caution when Sharing Information with Others
When you contribute to a public area or feature of our Site, such as a chat room, bulletin board, list serve, blog, or wiki, the information that you submit will be made available to the general public. Therefore, we recommend that you do not submit any sensitive information to such areas of our Site, including your full name, home address, phone number, financial information or any other information that would enable other users to locate you or contact you.
Personal Information We Collect
We may collect, and in the past 12 months have collected, the following categories of personal information:
- Identifiers (such as name, address, email, cookies, IP address, date of birth etc)
- Commercial information (such as purchase history)
- Internet or other electronic network activity information (such as interaction with our Sites)
- Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information (such as recorded voice, recorded video, and photos)
- Professional or employment-related information (such as employer information and job title)
- Inferences drawn from other categories of personal information to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, or aptitudes (such as likelihood of making a purchase based on internet or other electronic network activity).
Sources from which Personal Information is Collected
We collect personal information from the categories of sources listed below, as described in more detail in the “Information We Collect” section above:
- Users who refer you to us
- Publicly and commercially available sources, including organizers of events you may attend
- Browsers and tracking technologies
- Our service providers and other vendors
We will verify your identity before fulfilling your request. If you have an account with us, we will ask you to enter your username and password through a link we provide to verify your identity. If you do not have an account with us, we will ask you to provide us data points that we have about you to verify your identity.
If you submit a request on behalf of a minor child, we will ask you to provide us information about your child that allows us to determine that you are the parent or guardian of the child.
Users Outside of the United States
By providing personal information to this Site, you understand and consent to the collection, maintenance, processing and transfer of such information in and to the United States and other countries and territories, in accordance with applicable law.